Polypropylene film, or PP, is a low-density plastic film. The most important types of PP have cast polypropylene (CPP) and biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP). Jupiter Laminators offers only one type of PP film that is CPP. Although BOPP is a better-known polypropylene film, the use of CPP in food, pharmaceutical, floral, textile, and many other industries continues to gain popularity.
Some of the differences between CPP and BOPP are listed below for better understanding:
1. CPP is a flexible film-like polyethylene, while BOPP is a bit stiff and wrinkled.
2. CPP does not bend well due to its natural hinge, while BOPP has better dead bending properties.
3. CPP can be ultrasonically or thermally sealed without the use of special coatings, whereas BOPP cannot heat seal without the use of special heat seal coatings.
4. While BOPP films have better barrier properties than CPP, CPP has better barrier properties than most other polyethylene and PVC films.
Cast polypropylene film is becoming increasingly popular as the material of choice for traditional flexible packaging and non-packaging applications. Compared to BOPP, CPP has higher tear and impact resistance, as well as better cooling performance and heat-sealing properties. There are different types of CPP films such as general CPP, retort grade CPP, metalized CPP, solid white CPP, and various other uses based on need and end-use.
Some of the main benefits of CPP are listed below:
- Excellent heat seal resistance, high puncture, and tear resistance
- Excellent package integrity at extreme temperatures and high heat resistance
- No effect on the coefficient of friction control (COF)
- High surface efficiency and low specific weight (0.91 g / cm3)
- Provides a good barrier against moisture.
- High transparency
The healthcare and pharmaceutical industries use CPP films to package pharmaceuticals for a longer period of time because CPP films can protect against contamination. Applications in other industries include resealable bags, multilayer laminates, side seal bags, flower, and twist packaging.
Some of the main uses of CPP are listed below:
- Food packaging or candy/confectionery packaging
- Bakery products
- Bags of clothes
- Retort packaging
- Stationery packaging
- Vacuum metallization
- Deep freezing application
- Flower wrap
Metallized and general CPP films are the two main types of CPP films used in the market. Although the demand for CPP films is higher in more developed countries such as the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany, India and China are the two countries that dominate the use of the people’s interest in the Asia Pacific. With production facilities in India, Jupiter Laminators is a leading manufacturer and exporter of CPP films in the polypropylene film category.
Jupiter Laminators has successfully commissioned 7 layers of Co-extrusion Barrier cast line with Encapsulation and MDO for the production of barrier film and CPP film. This Barrier cast line is a multilayer cast co-ex line with encapsulation that guarantees top quality in the extrusion of multi-layer barrier film by processing several raw materials such as PA, EVOH, PP, PE, TIE, PET, PS, etc. High barrier CPP film is going to play a key role in all PP base recyclable and sustainable packaging solutions for snacks, cereals, biscuits, cookies and many FMCG products. You can anytime count on us while in need of your CPP flexible packaging.